We are currently looking for a passionate engineer to join our fast growing team to make our logistic robots work robustly in warehouses & supermarkets with advanced perception abilities using laser, cameras, wifi and other sensors. The selected candidate will primarily design and implement algorithms to detect and track human beings using lasers and cameras. The candidate will also participate in the development of a robust robot localization system, reactive control and human-robot interaction strategies.
- Develop state of the art algorithms to detect and track human beings and target objects in indoor environments.
- Participate in the development of visual odometry for robust robot localization.
- Participate in the development of vision based robot control.
- Participate in the development of human-robot interaction strategies.
- Participate in the development of SLAM algorithms.
- Real conditions testing of the robot and the developed algorithms at iFollow, clients and partners.
- Strongly dynamic engineer, motivated to work on a startup environment as well as in extreme robot testing conditions (-25 °C warehouses).
- Master’s degree in Computer Science / Control / Vision / AI.
- Experience in robotics and ROS framework.
- Strong Software background with excellent C++ & Python programming & debugging skills.
- Strong Linux background.
- Hands-on experience with OpenCV.
- Hands-on experience in cloud computing using Docker and AWS.
- Hands-on Experience in LIDAR & vision sensors, data processing & sensor fusion.
- Knowledge of developing robust vision algorithms with fault detection & recovery.
- Hands on experience in Deep Learning particularly with design, training, evaluation and optimization of CNN architectures in the context of scene classification, scene segmentation, people detection and tracking.
- Experience with at least one major deep learning framework Caffe, Theano, Torch or Tensorflow.
- Good knowledge of cooperative software development with GIT.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
DESIRED TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Hands-on experience in developing real time human detection and tracking algorithms.
- Hands-on experience in robotic simulation (V-REP, Gazebo).
- Experience in mobile robotics.
- Experience in visual odometry, scan matching and SLAM algorithms
- Experience with Cuda / OpenCL / OpenGL / shader programming.
- Experience with Deep Neural Network compression for optimal size and speed.