We are currently looking for a passionate engineer to join our fast growing team to make our logistic robots work robustly in warehouses & supermarkets. The selected candidate will primarily work on the electronic architecture of our new robot and on the robust integration of perception sensors. The candidate will also participate in the development of automatic control algorithms for our robots and should be able to communicate with both mechanics and electronics teams.
- Design the electronic architecture of the robot
- Develop automatic control algorithms for our logistic robots.
- Benchmark of robot components such as electronic boards and sensors to assure the security of the robot.
- Participate in the industrialisation process of the robot regarding electronic components.
- Participate in the robust integration of drivers for sensors and actuators.
- Participate in the certification process of the robot.
- Participate in the development of vision based robot control.
- Real conditions testing of the robot and the developed algorithms at iFollow, clients and partners.
- Strongly dynamic engineer, motivated to work on a startup environment as well as in extreme robot testing conditions (-25 °C warehouses).
- At least 5 years experience in automatic control and electronics.
- Strong experience in robotics or mechatronics with some experience in mobile robotics.
- Knowledge of ROS framework.
- Strong experience with communication bus protocols as CAN, EtherCAT, USB, RS232, i2c, MIPI.
- Hands-on experience in PCB design and fabrication.
- Software background with excellent C and C++ programming & debugging skills.
- Strong Linux background.
- Hands-on experience in sensors such as LIDAR, sonar and RGB-D cameras.
- Experience in embedded computing technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
DESIRED TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of laser projection technology.
- Good knowledge of cooperative software development with GIT.